Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Contemporary Stainless Steel Wall Art

had this bundle of square 304 stainless steel square bars I purchased in St. Louis in March of this year.   I got tired of constantly moving them out of my way.  They needed to do something for me.  So, I spent a week mentally picturing what I wanted to create.  I wanted a grid pattern with various accents.  Unfortunately, my jig setup did not pan out due to technical issues. I messed up.  Out of frustration, I started  welding some rods at an angle to create a distorted grid.  I actually preferred this and went with it.  My new contemporary stainless steel wall sculpture was born.   I opened a new door to a new accent.  A single large stainless ring.  I chose not to color it as I’m staying with a brushed metal finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment