Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stainless Steel Shield



Stainless Steel art
 
I had some 3/8 inch round stainless round and I wanted to incorporate it into sculpture.  I have also wanted to make a wall mounted shield for a long time.  Then, in a moment of sporadic inspiration, I put it all together.  I decided to "hammer out" the details on some 16 gauge steel that I cut in the shape of a shield.  This shield was measured out from a shield shaped frame made from the stainless steel rod.  I welded in some mild steel crossbars to make mounting and welding the shield to the frame easier.  I then primed and painted the shield in an iridescent finish that accentuates the dimensional quality of the sculpture. The dimensional arc welded shield comes with two mounting fixtures built in and it is signed and dates.


No comments:

Post a Comment