Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Martha Stewart Metallic Paint

 
Martha Stewart Living-Metallic Paint
 
I was at Home Depot the other day looking at flooring when I remembered I needed somespray paint.  I happened to notice a new display in the paint section.  There, they had all these latex specialty paints.  The ones that caught my eye the most was the metallics.  I already have been using the Folk art Metallics on many of my projects.  Although water based, I always apply a solvent based lacquer for protection. 
 
The Martha Stewart Metallics are like $5 to $8 for a 10 ounce jar so I figured I at least should try.  I picked the polished silver since I need a light colored silver undercoat for my X-metal paints.  With a silver reflective base and a transparent paint,  you get something resembling a candy paint as in my most recent artwork Pisces
 
 
Here is a garden stake I am working on.  I applied two coats of the Martha Stewart Polished silver
and it turned out pretty decent.  The real test will be when some transparent paint is applied over this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment